Parkersburg: Originally chartered in 1820, and named for
Alexander Parker, whose daughter, after his death, donated the
land for the site of the courthouse and county building. Formerly
known as Newport. Name changed to Parkersburg in 1810.
Incorporated by an Act of the Legislature, February 11, 1911.
Population: 33,862 (1990 census)
Elevation: 616 feet
Area of Parkersburg
Travel & Tourism Information: Parkersburg
Convention & Visitors Bureau