The Wheeling Newspapers Terms of Service
Your Agreement with The Wheeling Newspapers:
Welcome to The Wheeling Newspapers website. Following are the terms and conditions that govern your use of this website.
This Wheeling Newspapers web service (the "Service") is owned and operated by The Wheeling Newspapers and contains material which is derived in whole or in part from The Wheeling Newspapers and other sources. The Service and its contents are protected by international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any material from the Service, including code and software. You may download material from the Service for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
You may establish a hypertext link to this Service so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship of your site by The Wheeling Newspapers. However, you may not, without the prior written permission of The Wheeling Newspapers, frame any of the content of the Service, or incorporate into another website or other service any intellectual property of The Wheeling Newspapers, its parent or affiliate companies or its licensors.
As part of our Service, The Wheeling Newspapers agrees to provide you with information and other computer services subject to these Terms of Service. You agree to use our service in accordance with these Terms. Because the Web is an evolving medium, we may need to change these Terms of Service from time to time, in which case we will post the revised Terms of Service on the website. By continuing to use The Wheeling Newspapers after we post any such changes, you accept the Terms of Service, as modified.
License to The Wheeling Newspapers
When you post a message, upload a file, or otherwise provide us with material for display on the website, you are granting Wheeling Newspapers a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to:
• Use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, publicly perform or display any such communication, including the right for the newspaper to use, without further permission, any photo or comments uploaded to any section of Web site. Further, you grant the newspaper the right to use the images and comments royalty-free and at-will in the newspaper that owns the web site or in any newspaper or on any web site owned by Ogden Newspapers. The newspaper agrees to not sell your photos, either separately, or as part of large collections.
• Sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted with respect to the communication.
The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such communication, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction.
Unless the user informs us otherwise, The Wheeling Newspapers reserves the right to use and to disclose to third party vendors user information (e.g., user name and e-mail address) for purposes such as providing users with information about products and services. If the user does not wish to be included in such uses, the user must send an e-mail or a letter requesting to be taken off any lists of information that may be used for these purposes or given or sold to third party vendors.
In addition, please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas, that information can be collected and used by others.
Children's Privacy Statement for Wheeling Newspapers
This children's privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information on your rights under federal law with respect to such information.
• We do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally-identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen.
• Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
• We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information.
• We do NOT condition a child's participation in online activities on providing more personally identifiable information than is needed to participate in the activity.
Questions on Privacy
If you have any questions about the children's privacy statement, the practices of Wheeling Newspapers, or your dealings with Wheeling Newspapers, you can contact:
Perry Nardo – General Manager
The Intelligencer & Wheeling News-Register
1500 Main Street
Wheeling, WV 26003
This Service includes links and pointers to Internet sites, content and services provided by third parties. Neither The Wheeling Newspapers, its parent or subsidiary companies nor their affiliates operate or control in any respect any information, products or services that third parties may provide on or through The Wheeling Newspapers or on a website linked to by The Wheeling Newspapers. The materials in this site and the third-party sites are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, The Wheeling Newspapers disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The Wheeling Newspapers does not warrant that this website or any of its functions will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site, including bulletin boards, or the servers that make it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components.
The Wheeling Newspapers does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this site or in third-party sites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. You (and not The Wheeling Newspapers) assume the entire cost of all necessary maintenance, repair or correction.
The Service is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading or investing purposes, or for commercial use. Stock and mutual fund quotes, and related financial news stories may be delayed at least 20 minutes, as may be required by the stock exchanges and/or the financial information services. The Service should not be used in any high risk activities where damage or injury to persons, property, environment, finances or business may result if an error occurs. You expressly assume all risk for such use.
In addition, The Wheeling Newspapers may allow you to purchase many different types of products and services online that are provided by third parties. The Wheeling Newspapers is not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of these products and services. If you make a purchase from a merchant hosted by The Wheeling Newspapers or linked to by The Wheeling Newspapers, the information obtained during your visit to that merchant's online store, and the information that you give, such as your credit card number and contact information, is collected by the merchant and not by The Wheeling Newspapers. These merchants may have separate privacy and data collection practices. The Wheeling Newspapers has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. For more information regarding the merchant, its online store, and its privacy policies, return to that store's home page and click on its information links or contact the merchant website directly. You release The Wheeling Newspapers and its affiliates from any damages that you incur, and agree not to assert any claims against them, arising from your purchase or use of any products or services made available by third parties through The Wheeling Newspapers.
Use of Company Directories
The information contained in the Company Directories is provided for business lookup purposes and is not to be used for marketing or telemarketing applications. This information may not be copied or redistributed and is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. In no event will The Wheeling Newspapers or its suppliers be liable in any way with regard to such Information.
The Service may include a variety of features, such as bulletin boards, chat rooms, and email services which allow feedback to The Wheeling Newspapers and real-time interaction between users. The Wheeling Newspapers does not control the messages, information or files delivered to bulletin boards. It is a condition of your use of the Service that you do not:
• Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Service.
• Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
• Post or transmit any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.
• Post or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component.
• Post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or which contains advertising.
• Post, transmit or in any way upload photos or comments that would be consider offensive to other groups or that violate the community standards of decency.
You understand that The Wheeling Newspapers has no obligation to monitor any bulletin boards, chat rooms, or other areas of the Service through which users can supply information or material. However, The Wheeling Newspapers reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in The Wheeling Newspapers sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of these Terms of Service.
To use certain features of the Service, you may need a username and password, which you will receive through the Service's registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. The Wheeling Newspapers cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall The Wheeling Newspapers, its subsidiary and parent companies or affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, The Wheeling Newspapers materials, products or services, or third party materials, products or services made available through The Wheeling Newspapers. You specifically acknowledge and agree that The Wheeling Newspapers is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user. If you are dissatisfied with any Wheeling Newspapers materials, products or services or with any of Wheeling Newspapers terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using The Wheeling Newspapers.
The Wheeling Newspapers may cancel or terminate your right to use the Service or any part of the Service at any time without notice. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access the part of the Service affected by such cancellation or termination. The restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the Service, and the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in these Terms of Service, shall survive.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between The Wheeling Newspapers and you with respect to the subject matter contained in this agreement and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous agreements, proposals and communications, written oral. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use the products or services of a third party that are provided through the Service. In the event of any conflict between any such third party terms and conditions and these Terms of Service, these Terms of Service shall govern. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of West Virginia without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of law. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.